Pull Apart Bread with Oak Smoked Isle of Wight Tomatoes and Brie
The ultimate Christmas recipe...
40 Minutes Serves 4 Vegetarian
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Cut thick slices, in a criss-cross pattern, a little more than halfway into the bread. Do not cut all the way through the bread.
- Drain the oil out of the tomatoes, place in a separate bowl and set aside. Remove the oak smoked tomatoes from the jar and place in a small food processor (or on board if you are chopping them up by hand). Process, or chop until you get a thick paste.
- Add the thyme leaves and crushed garlic to the tomatoes and add the reserved oil from the jar of tomatoes. Give this a good stir to combine.
- Using a knife, spread the tomato paste into alternate cracks of the bread. Then push the slices of cheese into the remaining cuts of the bread.
- Brush the top of the bread with any remaining oil that might be left over.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese has become melted and the crust is golden.