The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
8 Minutes Serves 4 Vegetarian
- Lift the Slow Roasted Tomatoes out of their oil and leave to drain on kitchen paper. Reserve the infused oil for another dish.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with some of the butter. Place 4 of the slices butter side down onto a board.
- Coarsely grate the cheeses and mix them together in a bowl. Divide half of the grated cheese between each slice of bread and top with the Slow Roasted Tomatoes. Cover with the remaining cheese and place the remaining slices of bread on top, butter side up.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add 1 or 2 of the sandwiches and weight them down with another frying pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden, then flip over and repeat. Slide onto a board, cut in half and serve immediately.