Frying pan Cheese & Tomato Toastie
Gooey and gorgeous toastie that is great for using up your stale bread!
10 Minutes Serves 2
- Your favourite Isle of Wight tomatoes sliced
- 4 slices of stale bread
- 25g (2oz) butter
- Your choice of cheese can be whatever you’ve got in the fridge, cheddar, mozzarella, gouda etc.
- Play around with what you add, you could add ham, salami, mustard, chutney etc, get creative.
- Butter the bread and arrange the cheese, tomato and other ingredients over half of the slices, buttered side down.
- Preheat a frying pan and cook the sandwiches for 2 mins on each side. Ready when you see a golden brown colour on the bread and melted cheese.