Crab, Isle of Wight tomato and fennel salad on original sourdough crispbread
Summer is here and if light bites are what you crave, our friends at Peter's Yard have created a stunning selection of recipes you will love!
Discovered near Ystad in the Swedish countryside, Peters Yard sourdough crispbread follows an original recipe and process that has long been a tradition of Sweden. Using simple, natural ingredients, the famous sourdough is allowed to ferment for 16 hours before each batch is baked by a team of skilled bakers here in the UK. We adore the moreish crisp texture and range of flavours that marry perfectly with our tomatoes. Ideal for a lighter lunch and always a favourite if sharing with friends and family for snacking and canapes.
- 100g 50/50 crab meat, separated and picked through to check for shells
- Around 1/3 of a fennel bulb, shaved or finely sliced (plus fennel pollen or flowers if you have them)
- 10 golden plum tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 small bunch flat leaf parsley – leaves only
- A drizzle of chilli oil
- 1 Peter’s Yard Large Original sourdough crispbread
Spread the brown crab meat onto the crispbread and top with the shaved fennel and tomato halves. Season lightly, so as not to overpower the taste of the crab, then sprinkle over the white crab meat, fresh parsley leaves and a light drizzle of chilli oil.