Chickpea hummus with Slow Roasted Tomatoes, Chilli & Fennel
5 Minutes Serves 4 Vegetarian
- 200g Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Chilli & Fennel
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp. tahini paste
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. ice cold water
- 1 tsp. salt
- A few crushed dried chillies & fennel seeds to garnish (optional)
- Fine sea salt
- Pitta bread fingers and vegetable crudités, to serve
- Lift the Slow Roasted Tomatoes out of their oil and leave to drain on kitchen paper. Reserve the infused oil for another dish.
- Put the roasted tomatoes, chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt into a food processor and blend together into a paste.
- With the machine still running, gradually add 2 tablespoons of the infused oil and 1 tablespoon water and continue to blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with toasted pitta bread fingers and/or vegetable crudités.