Tomato and Red Lentil Soup
Perfect for Veganuary!
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- 800g of medium to large sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Vegetable stock, 1.5 litres
- Red lentils, 300g
- Smoked paprika, 1-2tsp, depending on preference
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: chilli flakes
Fry the onion, celery and carrot in the oil and butter in a large saucepan until softened.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil
Turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes until the lentils are soft and cooked through
Serve the soup chunky or liquidise until smooth.
Optional: top with a sprinkling of chilli flakes