Mozzarella and sundried tomato stuffed Aubergine on a bed of passata sauce
Bringing restaurant quality food home to your kitchen!
35 Minutes Serves 1
- Aubergine- 2 round slices cut 1cm thick
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 125g Laverstoke Buffalo Mozzarella ball
- 50g plain flour
- 1 large egg- whisked
- 100g parmesan (finely grated)
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- Tomato Stall Passata
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- for frying
- Salt, pepper or your favourite herbs- season to taste
- 1 large tomato- finely chopped (for garnish)
- Basil (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice the aubergine widthways 1cm thick. Season the aubergine with salt and pepper and leave for a few minutes. After this time, pat dry. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Season the cooked aubergine with your favourite herbs or pesto on one side.
- Slice the Laverstoke Buffalo Mozzarella 1cm thick and lay on one piece of the cooked aubergine.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the mozzarella. Cover with the other piece of aubergine so you have a sandwich.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add flour to separate bowl. Using an additional bowl, mix breadcrumbs with the finely grated parmesan.
- Coat the stuffed aubergine in the plain flour, shake excess and place it in egg wash mix until all is covered. Next place in the breadcrumb mix until fully coated.
- Pan fry with a little olive oil over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Serve on a bed of passata, sprinkle with chopped tomato to garnish.