Bruschetta with Oak Smoked Balsamic Tomatoes, olives and cheese
5 Minutes Serves 2 Vegetarian
- Lift the Oak Smoked Balsamic Tomatoes out of the oil and leave to drain on kitchen paper. Reserve the infused oil. Do the same for the Kalamata olives, they are also in oil, and set aside.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese into a small bowl and beat in the crème fraiche or sour cream until smooth.
- Heat a ridged cast iron griddle until smoking hot, then reduce the heat to medium. Brush the slices of sourdough bread on both sides with some of the infused oil & griddle for 2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.
- As you remove them from the griddle, rub one side of each slice with the garlic clove then sprinkle with a pinch of crushed sea salt flakes.
- Spread the garlic-rubbed side of each slice of toasted bread with some of the creamed goat’s cheese. Arrange the Oak Smoked Balsamic Tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top. Garnish with the basil leaves and serve.